Cooled Semen Guidelines
Lazy E Ranch has been involved with shipping semen since 1995 and these guidelines were developed from this previous experience. In addition to the regular breeding fee, those requesting cooled semen will incur the charges listed below. Please review these items and if you have additional questions, please feel free to contact us.
- All fees including the stallion fee, farm fee, courier and shipping charges must be paid prior to any semen shipment. There will be no exception.
- Shipping charges are accrued EACH time semen is shipped. The cost of a Fed-Ex shipment is $350.00 (which includes a $250 farm fee and $100 Fed-Ex charge). Shipments by air will be assessed a fee of $450 (which includes a $250 farm fee, $100 air freight charge and a $100 courier charge to transport the Equitainer to the airport.)
- It is Lazy E Ranch's stated preference that all semen shipments be made to and inseminations performed at pre-approved established breeding farms. Contact Lazy E Ranch about approved breeding farms in your area. All shipping charges, by whatever method, are the responsibility of the mare owner.
Also, please remember:
- The Lazy E Ranch requests that ALL semen orders be made on the day PRIOR to the collection day. Those ordering semen should contact our office no later than 9:00 a.m. on the collection day to CONFIRM the semen order.
- When a shipment departs Lazy E Ranch, ALL LIABILITY for shipments not received, for whatever reason, are borne by the mare owner.
- A contract for cooled semen does not guarantee that semen will be available on the day you submit your request. Semen may only be requested on regularly scheduled Lazy E Ranch breeding days (breedings days are every other day, including Saturday and Sunday). Click here to view the 2014 collection schedule. Stallions will not be collected on a non-breeding day. No exceptions will be made.
- Cooled semen bookings will be, by necessity, of limited availability on those stallions whose book fills with mares to be bred on the premises of Lazy E Ranch.
Good communication between all parties is vital to successful cooled
semen shipment and insemination.